Visiting Phobjikha Valley
Visitors can enjoy all that Phobjikha Valley has to offer including its monuments. In Phobjikha Valley, there are 3 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Paro (PBH), 45.5 mi (73.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Phobjikha Valley
A favorite place to visit in the city is Gangteng Gonpa. Additionally, you'll find Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park and Punakha Dzong in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Phobjikha Valley, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 14 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Thegchen Phodrang Lodge is located in central Phobjikha Valley. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Phobjikha Valley can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker.
- Dewachen Hotel & Spa is located 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center. This 3-star hotel in Phobjikha Valley features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Phuntsho Chholing Lodge is located within 0.5 mi (0.9 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Phobjikha Valley can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker.
Dressing for Phobjikha Valley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 12°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Phobjikha Valley is 16.22 inches
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F