Travelers give high marks for the shopping in Riyadh, which is also known for its coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, safari tours, and soccer matches.
- There are 423 hotels and other accommodations in Riyadh
- The closest major airport is in Riyadh (RUH-King Khaled Intl.), 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Riyadh
Notable city landmarks like Al Musmak Fortress and Ancient Diriyah might be worth a visit. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Al Nakheel Mall, Sahara Mall, and Hayat Mall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are King Fahd Stadium and Ministry of Education.
In Riyadh, you'll be able to select from 423 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Riyadh Olaya - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Al Olaya District can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Suite Inn Hotel Riyadh - Our customers love the clean rooms and location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Al Sulimania can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Braira Hotel Olaya - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Al Olaya District can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Dressing for Riyadh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 107°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 107°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 98°F during the day and 47°F at night
- About 2.80 inches of rain falls on Riyadh each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 106°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 48°F