Visitors can enjoy all that Rudolstadt has to offer including the festivals, live music, and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theaters.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Rudolstadt
- The closest major airport is in Erfurt (ERF), 23.5 mi (37.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rudolstadt
A favorite place to visit in the city is Thuringian Forest. You'll also find Friedrich-Froebel Museum and St. John's Church in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Rudolstadt, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Gast Pensions Haus Hodes is located in central Rudolstadt. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star pension in Rudolstadt can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with cable TV.
- ApaRu - Aparthotel Rudolstadt Haus II is 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star apartment in Rudolstadt features free WiFi, free parking, and a café.
- Apartments Rudolstadt is located within 0.6 mi (1 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Rudolstadt can enjoy access to parking and an in-room kitchen.
Getting Around Rudolstadt
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Rudolstadt Station or Rudolstadt Schwarza Station. Rudolstadt might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Rudolstadt
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- About 20.04 inches of rain falls on Rudolstadt each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F