Visitors to Sal are sure to enjoy the bars and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo and coffeehouses.
- There are 79 hotels and other accommodations in Sal
- The closest major airport is in Sal Island (SID-Amilcar Cabral Intl.), 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Boa Vista Island (BVC-Rabil), 40.2 mi (64.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sal
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Shark Bay Beach and Praia de Santa Maria. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Viveiro Botanical Garden & Zoo and Nazarene Church.
In Sal, you'll find 79 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Morabeza Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Villa Ao Mar - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this apartment. This 3.5-star apartment features a marina, free parking, and concierge services.
- Meliá Llana Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a free stocked minibar.
Dressing for Sal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- Average annual rainfall for Sal is 0.04 inches
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F