Families will find kid-friendly activities in Salisbury, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, shopping, and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodations in Salisbury
- The closest major airport is in Salisbury, MD (SBY-Salisbury - Ocean City Wicomico Regional), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Georgetown, DE (GED-Sussex County), 25.9 mi (41.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salisbury
Cultural venues in the city include Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, Eastern Shore Baseball Hall of Fame Museum, and Wicomico County Tourist Information Center. Favorite family attractions include Salisbury Zoo and Coco's Funhouse. Notable city landmarks like Poplar Hill Mansion and Coventry Parish Ruins might be worth a visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Salisbury. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sleep Inn Salisbury - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fruitland - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Washington Inn and Tavern - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Ocean City Boardwalk, located 28.2 mi (45.4 km) from the city center, and Ocean City Beach, which is 28.9 mi (46.6 km) away.
Dressing for Salisbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- About 45.89 inches of rain falls on Salisbury each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F