Visitors can enjoy all that Samsun has to offer including the seaside, parks, and archaeological sites. Tourists can also enjoy the city's basketball games and opera houses.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Samsun
- The closest major airport is in Samsun (SSX), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Samsun (SZF-Carsamba), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Samsun
The city's natural beauty is on display at Muzaffer Onder Park, Sahil Park, and Mert Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Haci Hatun Mosque and Gazi Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Samsun. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sheraton Grand Samsun Hotel - This 5-star hotel in İlkadım features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value.
- Kent Otel - This hotel in İlkadım features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Anemon Samsun Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Samsun
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Samsun Station. Samsun might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Samsun
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- About 28.78 inches of rain falls on Samsun each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 40°F