Visiting Sand Springs
Visitors can enjoy all that Sand Springs has to offer including the sporting events, live music, and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and festivals. Around the area, top sights include Gilcrease Museum, BOK Center, and Woodward Park.
- You'll find 195 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tulsa
- The closest major airport is in Tulsa, OK (TUL-Tulsa Intl.), 17.1 mi (27.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sand Springs
A couple of favorite places to visit are Keystone State Park and Osage Casino - Sand Springs. Additionally, in the area you'll find Gilcrease Museum and BOK Center.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
Outside the city, popular places to see include Woodward Park, 12.2 mi/19.7 km from the city center, and Philbrook Museum of Art, which is 12.5 mi/20.1 km away.
Dressing for Sand Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sand Springs is 40.83 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 26°F