Find Hotels in Santa Maria Island
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Santa Maria Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Santa Maria Island has to offer including the waterfront and restaurants. The quaint and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Santa Maria Island
- The closest major airport is in Santa Maria Island (SMA-Vila Do Porto), 3.6 mi (5.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Maria Island
The city's natural beauty is on display at Formosa Beach, Sao Lourenco Beach, and Pico Alto. Additionally, you might want to add Vila do Porto Marina to your agenda.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Colombo - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Santa Maria Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 56°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Santa Maria Island is 1.10 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 54°F