Escape to a simpler time when you stay at this cozy log cabin in the heart of Indiana’s Amish Country! Located on the shores of Shipshewana Lake, this 2-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom vacation rental is ideal for 4 guests looking to spend lazy afternoons on the lake. After a day hanging out on the water or browsing through unique Amish shops, put your swimsuit on and hop in the private hot tub! This cabin also boasts an expansive deck - perfect for your morning coffee or evening cocktail.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
Drive through the countryside and arrive at this secluded cabin tucked away in the woods! You’ll love spending your time on the back deck experiencing the sights and sounds of nature.
Inside, you’ll find 1,200 square feet of living space furnished with rustic decor. The views of the lake and forest from the living room of the lake are just as good as the ones you get out on the deck!
The living room opens up into the kitchen, which comes fully equipped with everything you need to make all of your meals from the comfort of your home-away-from-home. Stop by E&S Sales - an Amish market - to pick up groceries to make your favorite recipes.
Dig in and savor your dinner at the table in the dining area or outside on the deck; both locations offer fantastic views of Shipshewana Lake! Once you clear your plates, head down and soak your muscles in the hot tub as you discuss tomorrow’s activities!
As day turns to night, choose between one of the 2 bedrooms for a restful slumber. You’re bound to wake up feeling refreshed and ready for another day of excitement.
-- THE LOCATION --
Although you’ll feel like you’re in the middle of nowhere while you’re at the cabin, you’ll be minutes away from some of the best attractions and activities in Amish Country! Everything from golf courses to Amish restaurants is a short drive from your front door.
There’s no need to leave the property for a memorable day, though! Your whole family will love kayaking, canoeing, fishing, or swimming on Shipshewana Lake. Bring your rod and see what kinds of fish you can reel in from the private dock.
When you’re not cooking for yourself back at the cabin, head down the road to Blue Gate Restaurant for a traditional Amish family-style meal. Fully immerse yourself in Amish culture after your meal by checking out the shops at Davis Mercantile or Yoder's Red Barn Shoppes. Pick up a unique souvenir to remind you of your trip!
Pack your golf clubs and practice your swing. Meadow Valley Golf Club, Heron Creek Golf Club, and many more courses are right down the street from the cabin.
-- REST EASY WITH US --
Evolve makes it easy to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, deck with patio furniture overlooking the lake, dock, free WiFi, air conditioning, flat-screen TV, washer and dryer, driveway parking for 2, and much more!
- Peaceful location right on Shipshewana Lake! Enjoy proximity to Amish restaurants, shops, and golf courses
- Nearest Commercial Airport: South Bend International Airport (~47 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking inside or outside of the property
- If evidence of smoking during your stay is found on the property, additional fees will be imposed
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: While the property features step-free entry, additional stairs are required to access the bedrooms and full bathroom