Visiting Sleepy Hollow
Visitors can enjoy all that Sleepy Hollow has to offer including the churches, local tours, and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants.
- There are 318 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sleepy Hollow
The city is notable for landmarks like Old Dutch Church of Sleepy Hollow, Philipsburg Manor, and Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Additionally, you might want to add Tarrytown Lighthouse to your agenda.
As you make plans for a getaway to Sleepy Hollow, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 59 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- The Time Nyack is located within 3.1 mi (4.9 km) of the city center. This 4-star hotel in Nyack features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford is 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from the city's heart. This 2-star hotel in Elmsford features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Sleepy Hollow
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.41 inches of rain falls on Sleepy Hollow each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F