Visiting St. Gilgen
Visitors to St. Gilgen are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, live music, and waterfalls. Church of St. Michael, Imperial Villa and Park, and Hellbrunn Palace are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in St. Gilgen
- The closest major airport is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart), 17.2 mi (27.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Gilgen
Cultural venues in the city include Heimatkundliches Museum, Musikinstrument Museum, and Mozart Memorial House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Wolfgangsee and Attersee. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mozartplatz Square and Zwoelferhorn Cablecar.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in St. Gilgen. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Schernthaner - This 3-star hotel in Salzburg-Umgebung District features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Gasthof Zur Post - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Salzburg-Umgebung District features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Gasthof Hotel Fürberg - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Salzburg-Umgebung District can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Church of St. Michael, located 6.2 mi (10 km) from the heart of the city, and Imperial Villa and Park, which is 12.4 mi (20 km) away.
Dressing for St. Gilgen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on St. Gilgen each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F