Find Hotels in Stowe, VT
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 9, 2020
Travelers to Stowe give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its breweries. Top sights in the city include Stowe Mountain Resort and Smugglers' Notch Ski Area.
- There are 310 hotels and other accommodations in Stowe
- The closest major airport is in Stowe, VT (MVL-Morrisville-Stowe State), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Montpelier, VT (MPV-Edward F. Knapp State), 19.1 mi (30.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stowe
Cultural venues in the city include Vermont Ski Museum, Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center, and Noyes House Museum. Attractions like Alpine Slide, Ben and Jerry's Factory, and Swimming Hole are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Slaughterhouse Covered Bridge, Tea at the Governor's House, and Gold Brook Covered Bridge (Emily's Bridge).
In Stowe, you'll be able to select from 310 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Edson Hill - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Brass Lantern Inn - Our customers like the comfortable rooms and location at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Stone Hill Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Stowe include Stowe Mountain Resort and Smugglers' Notch Ski Area. Top places to see outside the city include Sugarbush Ski Resort, located 25.4 mi (40.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Church Street Marketplace, which is 26 mi (41.8 km) away.
Getting Around Stowe
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Waterbury Station or Montpelier Station. Stowe may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Stowe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 44°F during the day and 1°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 21°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 38°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 4°F
- Average annual rainfall for Stowe is 42.28 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Stowe?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Stowe, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Stowe?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Stowe?
What's the best accommodation when traveling with kids to Stowe?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Stowe?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Stowe?
Where is the best place to stay with easy access to Stowe Mountain Resort?
What about the best place to stay close to Smugglers' Notch Ski Area?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Stowe?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Stowe?
Recent reviews of Stowe hotels
More trip options
- Stowe Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Stowe Airports
- Hotels in Stowe Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Stowe Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Stowe
- More Hotel Options in Stowe
- More Popular Hotels in Vermont
- Other Hotels near Stowe, Vermont
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends