Visiting Terre Haute
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Terre Haute, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals. In Terre Haute, there are 40 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Terre Haute
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include 1883 Train Depot, Clabber Girl Museum, and Swope Art Museum. Favorite family attractions include Wabash Valley Fairgrounds and Putnam County Fairgrounds. The picturesque setting of Sullivan County Park and DePauw Nature Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Terre Haute. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Terre Haute - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Candlewood Suites Terre Haute - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Downtown can enjoy access to a fitness center and a conference center, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Drury Inn & Suites Terre Haute - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Terre Haute
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Average annual rainfall for Terre Haute is 43.82 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 21°F