Visitors to Tiberias are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, museums, and cathedral.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Tiberias
- The closest major airport is in Haifa (HFA), 28.9 mi (46.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tiberias
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Tomb of Maimonides. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Hamat Tiberias National Park. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Tiberias Marina is one place to visit.
In Tiberias, you'll find 62 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Emily`s Hotel - This hotel in Tiberias Old City features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Villa Alliance - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this guesthouse. With a stay at this guesthouse in Tiberias Old City, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Tiberias Hostel - With a stay at this hostel in Tiberias Old City, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Tiberias
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 51°F at night
- Tiberias gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 50°F