Visitors can enjoy all that Ulaanbaatar has to offer including the museums, monuments, and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, theaters, and parks.
- There are 93 hotels and other accommodations in Ulaanbaatar
- The closest major airport is in Ulan Bator (ULN-Chinggis Khaan Intl.), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ulaanbaatar
Cultural venues in the city include The Fine Arts Zanabazar Museum, National Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet of Mongolia, and National Museum of Mongolia. The city is notable for landmarks like Sükhbaatar Square, Choijin Lama Monastery, and Gandantegchinlen Monastery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Government Palace and Sky Resort - Ski facility.
In Ulaanbaatar, you'll find 93 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace - This 5-star hotel in Downtown Ulaanbaatar features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- The Corporate Hotel Central - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Downtown Ulaanbaatar can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Khuvsgul Lake Hotel - This 4-star hotel in Downtown Ulaanbaatar features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Getting Around Ulaanbaatar
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Ulaanbaatar Station. Ulaanbaatar might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Ulaanbaatar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -13°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 15°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 31°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 50°F as the daytime average and -10°F as the nighttime average
- Ulaanbaatar gets about 11.73 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -9°F