Visitors can enjoy all that Vasteras has to offer including the cathedral, museums, and jazz scene. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfront.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Vasteras
- The closest major airport is in Vasteras (VST-Stockholm - Hasslo), 3 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vasteras
The city's cultural venues include Vasteras Concert Hall and Vasteras Art Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Vasteras Castle, Anundshog, and Tido Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Stora Torget and Vasteras Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Vasteras. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Steam Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Comfort Hotel Västerås - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a health club, along with in-room plasma TVs.
- Hem till Gården - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Popular places to visit around the area include Arsenalen, 21.6 mi/34.7 km from the heart of the city, and Sala Silvermine, which is 20.6 mi/33.1 km away.
Getting Around Vasteras
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Västerås Central Station or Dingtuna Station. Vasteras might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Vasteras
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 42°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 54°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Vasteras each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°F