Visitors to Velburg are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. In Velburg, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Nuremberg (NUE-Nuremberg Airport), 31.3 mi (50.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Velburg
Places to visit in the larger region include Parsberg Castle, Castle Ruins of Wolfstein, and Neumarkter Sandduenen Nature Reserve. You'll also find Lauterhofen Golf Club and Lothar Fischer Museum in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Velburg, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 11 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Landgasthof Feihl is located within 3.4 mi (5.5 km) of the city center. This 3-star inn in Velburg features a restaurant and free parking.
- Gutshofhotel Winkler Bräu is located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Velburg can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Velburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Velburg is 0.87 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F