Visitors can enjoy all that Washington has to offer including the museums, parks, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and restaurants.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Washington
- The closest major airport is in Athens, GA (AHN-Ben Epps), 38.4 mi (61.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Washington
Cultural venues in the city include Washington-Wilkes Historical Museum, Robert Toombs House, and Callaway Plantation. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aonia Pass Motocross Park and Kettle Creek Battlefield.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Fitzpatrick Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Washington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- Washington gets about 44.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 33°F