History buffs will enjoy exploring Welshpool, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Quaint and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its bars.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Welshpool
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 50.5 mi (81.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Welshpool
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Glansevern Hall Gardens. Additionally, you might want to add Powis Castle to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Welshpool. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Vine House - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- The Red Lion Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 2-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffeemaker.
- The Lowfield Inn - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Getting Around Welshpool
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Welshpool Station. Welshpool might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Welshpool
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Welshpool gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F