Visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas in Oswestry, which is also known for its lakeside setting and bars. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and relaxing setting.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in Oswestry
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 38.1 mi (61.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oswestry
The lakeside and countryside exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Park Hall The Countryside Experience and Lake Vyrnwy. Additionally, you might want to add British Ironwork Centre to your agenda.
In Oswestry, you'll be able to select from 56 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Plas Uchaf - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and location.
- Big Bear Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- The Bryn B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Getting Around Oswestry
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Gobowen Station. Oswestry may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Oswestry
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 1.14 inches of rain falls on Oswestry each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F