Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Wilmslow, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its sporting events, spas, and gardens. Around the area, top sights include Old Trafford, Manchester Arena, and Whitworth Art Gallery.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Wilmslow
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 25.5 mi (41.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wilmslow
A favorite place to visit in the city is Quarry Bank Mill and Styal Estate. Additionally, in the area you'll find Old Trafford and Manchester Arena.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Wilmslow. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Wilmslow Lodge - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and WiFi at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Stanneylands - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Whitworth Art Gallery, 8.7 mi/14.1 km from the city center, and Manchester Museum, which is 9.1 mi (14.7 km) away.
Getting Around Wilmslow
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Wilmslow Station, Styal Station, or Handforth Station. Wilmslow might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Wilmslow
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Wilmslow gets about 34.13 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 36°F