Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Stockport, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and riverfront. Around the area, top sights include Manchester Arena, Old Trafford, and The Rock.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Stockport
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 31 mi (49.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stockport
A couple of favorite places to visit are Hat Works Museum of Hatting and Lyme Park. In the area, you'll also find Manchester Arena and Old Trafford.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Stockport. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Stockport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Alma Lodge Hotel & Restaurant - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Bredbury Hall Hotel & Country Club - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Popular places to visit around the area include The Rock, 16.3 mi/26.2 km from the city center, and Whitworth Art Gallery, which is 7.1 mi (11.5 km) away.
Getting Around Stockport
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Manchester Hazel Grove Station, Manchester Woodsmoor Station, or Manchester Rose Hill Station. Stockport might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Stockport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 34.13 inches of rain falls on Stockport each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F