Families enjoy visiting Abtenau though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas, local tours, and mountain views. Top sights around the area include Imperial Villa and Park and Hellbrunn Palace.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Abtenau
- The closest major airport is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Abtenau
A couple of favorite places to visit are Karkogel Cable Car and Dachstein West Ski Area. Additionally, in the area you'll find Imperial Villa and Park and Hellbrunn Palace.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Abtenau. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Apartmenthaus Vergissmeinnicht - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free valet parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and local sightseeing.
- Gasthaus Landhotel Traunstein - Our customers like the breakfast and WiFi at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and the ski slopes, along with free WiFi.
Top places to visit around the area include Church of St. Michael, located 20.2 mi (32.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Fortress Hohensalzburg, which is 21.4 mi (34.4 km) away.
Dressing for Abtenau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Abtenau gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F