Find Hotels in Ajaccio
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $66
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 26, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 12, 2019
Reviewed on Sep 15, 2019
Reviewed on May 29, 2019
Reviewed on Aug 30, 2019
Visitors to Ajaccio are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, casinos, and spas. Top sights in the city include Ajaccio Cathedral and Musee Fesch.
- There are 83 hotels and other accommodations in Ajaccio
- The closest major airport is in Ajaccio (AJA-Napoleon Bonaparte), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Figari (FSC-Figari - Sud Corse), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ajaccio
The city is notable for landmarks like Ajaccio Cathedral, Ajaccio Citadel, and Chapelle Imperiale. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as St. Francois Beach and Trottel Beach. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Port de Plaisance Charles Ornano is one place to visit.
In Ajaccio, there are 83 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Résidence de Tourisme Ajaccio Amirauté - This 4-star residence features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hotel Demeure Les Mouettes - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
- Hôtel Cala di Sole - This 3-star hotel features a private beach, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other top sights in Ajaccio include Musee Fesch. A top sight outside the city is Filitosa Corsican Prehistoric Site, located 13.7 mi (22 km) from the center of the city.
Getting Around Ajaccio
With so many transportation options, seeing Ajaccio is simple. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Ajaccio Station. You can catch a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Ajaccio
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Ajaccio gets about 0.94 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 40°F