Visitors can enjoy all that Amden has to offer including the ski areas and mountain views. A top sight in the area is Rapperswil Castle.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Amden
- The closest major airport is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 29.2 mi (46.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Amden
A couple of favorite places to visit are Amden Gondola and Swiss Alps. Additionally, you'll find Rapperswil Castle in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Amden, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 36 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Apartment in Amden With Internet, Parking, Garden, Balcony is located in the heart of Amden. This 1.5-star hostel in Amden features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- AmdenLodge - Bienenheim Naturhostel is 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from central Amden. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in St. Gallen can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Apartment in Amden With Internet, Parking, Garden, Balcony is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the heart of Amden. This 3-star hotel in Feldkirch features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Amden
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Amden gets about 0.94 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F