History buffs enjoy visiting Aomori though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, hot springs, and festivals. Top sights in the city include Hirosaki Castle and Lake Towada.
- There are 115 hotels and other accommodations in Aomori
- The closest major airport is in Aomori (AOJ), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Misawa (MSJ), 35.3 mi (56.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aomori
Cultural venues in the city include Nebuta House Wa Rasse, Aomori Museum of Art, and Oirase Stream Museum. Attractions like Asamushi Onsen, Asamushi Aquarium, and Hakkoda Ropeway are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hirosaki Castle, Aomori Bay Bridge, and Aspam Center.
In Aomori, you'll find 115 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kaisenkaku - This 3-star ryokan features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Dormy Inn Hirosaki Natural Hot Spring - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hoshino Resorts Oirase Keiryu Hotel - This 3.5-star ryokan features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Aomori include Lake Towada.
Getting Around Aomori
With so many ways to get around, exploring Aomori is simple. Metro stations nearby include Todoriki Station and WeSPa-Tsubakiyama Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Shin-Aomori Station, Asamushi onsen station, or Chuohirosaki station.
Dressing for Aomori
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 44°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Aomori is 41.11 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F