Visitors can enjoy all that Aschaffenburg has to offer including the gardens and riverfront. The scenic and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Aschaffenburg
- The closest major airport is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 26.1 mi (41.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Aschaffenburg
The city is notable for landmarks like Basilica of SS. Peter and Alexander, Johannisberg Castle, and Pompejanum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hofbibliothek Aschaffenburg and f.a.n. Frankenstolz Arena.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Aschaffenburg. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Novum Hotel Post Aschaffenburg - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Hotel Wilder Mann - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Olive Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Aschaffenburg
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Aschaffenburg Central Station, Aschaffenburg Süd Station, or Aschaffenburg College Station. Aschaffenburg might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Aschaffenburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Aschaffenburg gets about 26.18 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F