Put aside an afternoon and pay a visit to Atlungstad Distillery.
Going there is part of the enjoyment, as it is situated 60 miles from the country's capital city, Oslo, in Stange.
If you want to be where it all goes down, there are 6 hotels to decide between. The Scandic Ringsaker and Clarion Collection Hotel Astoria are some of the best options here.
If budget is an important concern, do yourself a favor and book a room at the Hamar Hostel Vikingskipet / Vikingskipet Apartments. This hotel is not only reasonable, but a short distance of 3 miles away too.
Other Places to Visit near Atlungstad Distillery
When you've finished checking out Atlungstad Distillery, you may choose to keep exploring. The surrounding area has loads more to offer:
- There are many pivotal moments in time that helped shape this area into what it is today. Take a look at the curious displays at Norwegian Emigrant Museum to learn about this past.
- The Hamar Olympiahall has a large variety of music concerts and events happening every week, which is not surprising considering it is one of the most renowned music and entertainment venues in the region.
- You and your friends can get involved in community activities at Hedmark Art Centre. Take a look at their stimulating upcoming live gigs, exhibitions and art courses.
- It's express all the way to Norwegian Railway Museum. Here, you can be engaged by the history of railways.
- Meander around the many exhibits at Kirsten Flagstad Museum and explore the stories and events that guided the formation of this region.