Families will find kid-friendly activities in Augusta, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its golf courses, theaters, and riverfront. Top sights in the city include Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta Riverwalk, and Fort Gordon.
- There are 322 hotels and other accommodations in Augusta
- The closest major airport is in Augusta, GA (AGS-Augusta Regional), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Augusta
The city is well known for its theaters and live music, and cultural venues include Miller Theater, Bell Auditorium, and Augusta Museum of History. Notable city landmarks like St. Paul's Episcopal Church and Ezekiel Harris House might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Augusta Riverwalk, Clarks Hill Lake, and Wildwood Park.
In Augusta, there are 322 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt House Augusta Downtown - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Downtown can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hyatt Place Augusta - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Augusta, GA - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Other top sights in Augusta include Augusta National Golf Club and Fort Gordon.
Dressing for Augusta
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Augusta gets about 46.57 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F