Visitors to Bracciano are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include St. Peter's Basilica, MAXXI - National Museum of the 21st Century, and Vatican Museums.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodations in Bracciano
- The closest major airport is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bracciano
A favorite place to visit in the city is Castello Odescalchi. In the area, you'll also find St. Peter's Basilica and MAXXI - National Museum of the 21st Century.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Bracciano. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Villa Clementina - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Lake Bracciano can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Agriturismo La Gismonda - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this property. This property in Lake Bracciano features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Ecoalbergo Bracciano - With a stay at this property in Lake Bracciano, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a café, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Spanish Steps, 20.8 mi/33.5 km from the city center, and Vatican Museums, which is 19.6 mi/31.6 km away.
Getting Around Bracciano
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Bracciano Station or Vigna di Valle Station. Bracciano might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Bracciano
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- About 30.59 inches of rain falls on Bracciano each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F