Scandinavian-style house, private beach near Bellport, NY
A few steps outside the front door is our private sandy beach on Long Island’s Great South Bay – perfect for swimming, kayaking, and fishing in warm clean waters.
A huge nature preserve surrounds this property to the east. From the elevated wraparound deck, you will see breathtaking views of waving reeds, birdlife, pristine shoreline and a vast sky. That deck also provides front-row seats to the summer sailing regattas from Bellport’s yacht club.
This unique vacation home has overlooked its bay for 100 years and has been lovingly renovated with a Scandinavian flair.
The result is comfortable, casual, efficient and fully modern – while maintaining its authentic seaside feel.
New York City is only 60 miles away – but you’ll feel like you’re in a different universe. This is the last house on a short shoreline road that connects to a quiet family neighborhood.
You will have privacy, quiet, and direct access to water and nature. No traffic. No nearby noise. Just the gentle lapping of waves.
You will also be a short drive (or bike ride) from the charming town of Bellport –restaurants, library, groceries and the shopping fun of quirky boutiques.
• The upper level bedroom has a king-sized bed, its own bathroom, and unique views. Lounge area with comfortable chairs and TV.
• The second bedroom, with queen-sized bed, is on the ground floor.
• The twin trundle daybed sits in the ground-floor alcove, shielded by a privacy partition.
• The second bathroom is on the lower level.
• The entryway has a full-size daybed -- perfect for relaxing as the sea breeze drifts in through screens. Lower level living room with TV.
• A large patio / deck sits just outside the kitchen on the ground floor – perfect for charcoal grilling and outdoor dining.
This unique getaway is available for longer stays and all year around, including holidays. Early bookings prevent disappointment. Contact me for additional information.
Thank you for your interest.
owner Anita Brandt
• No events or parties
• Two-car maximum, no street parking
• Renter is responsible for damages incurred during stay.