Visitors can enjoy all that Bukittinggi has to offer including the local tours, lakeside setting, and zoo. This city also attracts tourists with its culturally-rich and quaint setting.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Bukittinggi
- The closest major airport is in Padang (PDG-Minangkabau Intl.), 41.7 mi (67.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bukittinggi
A couple of favorite places to visit are Taman Bundo Kanduang Park and Jam Gadang. You'll also find Mount Singgalang and Ambun Tanai Park Square in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Bukittinggi. Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Novotel Bukittinggi - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Bukittinggi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- About 2.64 inches of rain falls on Bukittinggi each year
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are March and August with an average of 72°F