Visiting Tanah Datar
Visitors can enjoy all that Tanah Datar has to offer including its monuments. There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Padang (PDG-Minangkabau Intl.), 34.2 mi (55.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tanah Datar
A favorite place to visit in the city is Pagaruyung Palace. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Tanah Datar, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 13 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Novotel Bukittinggi is 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from the center of Tanah Datar. This 3.5-star hotel in Bukittinggi features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Grand Rocky Hotel is 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from central Tanah Datar. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Bukittinggi can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Benteng Hotel is located 21 mi (33.9 km) from the heart of Tanah Datar. This 3-star hotel in Bukittinggi features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
Dressing for Tanah Datar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 91°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 72°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Tanah Datar is 2.64 inches
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while September and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F