Travelers to Caravaggio will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Piazza Vecchia, and Palazzo della Ragione.
- You'll find 284 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bergamo
- The closest major airport is in Bergamo (BGY-Orio Al Serio), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Milan (LIN-Linate), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Caravaggio
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Piazza Vecchia, and Palazzo della Ragione. In the area, you'll also find Carrara Academy Gallery and Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia.
As you plan your vacation to Caravaggio, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 30 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Moxy Milan Linate is located 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the heart of Caravaggio. With a stay at this property in Novegro, guests can enjoy access to a 24-hour fitness center and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Winter Garden Hotel - Bergamo Airport is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from central Caravaggio. This 4-star hotel in Grassobbio features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Air Hotel Milan Linate is 18.2 mi (29.2 km) from the center of Caravaggio. This 4-star hotel in Novegro features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting Around Caravaggio
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Caravaggio Station or Caravaggio Vidalengo Station. Caravaggio might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Caravaggio
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Caravaggio is 1.06 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F