History buffs will enjoy exploring Cefalu, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its secluded setting.
- There are 323 hotels and other accommodations in Cefalu
- The closest major airport is in Palermo (PMO-Punta Raisi), 51.5 mi (82.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cefalu
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Sanctuary of Gibilmanna, Salita Saraceno Staircase, and Osteria Magno. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Caldura Beach, Cefalu Beach, and Rocca of Cefalu. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Temple of Diana and Church of Purgatory.
In Cefalu, you'll be able to select from 323 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Royal Sea House - Amenities at this apartment include free parking and an in-room kitchenette. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Blue Bay - Our customers love the breakfast and overall value at this apartment. Amenities at this apartment include a private beach and free breakfast.
- Calette N.5 - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Cefalu
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Cefalù Station. Cefalu may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Cefalu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Average annual rainfall for Cefalu is 0.79 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 52°F