Visitors to Central are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in larger region. The closest major airport is in Birch Creek, AK (KBC), 48.1 mi (77.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Central
A favorite place to visit in the city is Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your trip to Central, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of the city, but here are lodging options in the area.
- Chena Hot Springs Resort is located 45.2 mi (72.8 km) from the heart of Central. This 2.5-star resort in Fairbanks features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Borealis Basecamp is 83.7 mi (134.7 km) from the center of Central. This 2-star cabin in Fairbanks features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Central
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 22°F and the nighttime average to be -24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 7°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 28°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 38°F during the day and -12°F at night
- Central gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -18°F