Visitors can enjoy all that Chalatenango has to offer including the theme park and monuments. There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in San Salvador (ILS-Ilopango), 24.3 mi (39 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Chalatenango
A couple of favorite places to visit are Chalatenango Cathedral and Turicentro Agua Fria. Additionally, you'll find Santa Lucia Church and Art Center for Peace in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Chalatenango, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 6 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel y Restaurante Los Amigos is located 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from the heart of Chalatenango. This 2.5-star hotel in Chalatenango features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- La Posada de Suchitlán is 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the center of Chalatenango. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Suchitoto features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Casa 1800 Suchitoto is 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from central Chalatenango. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Suchitoto can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Chalatenango
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 60°F
- About 1.54 inches of rain falls on Chalatenango each year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 61°F