A MESSAGE TO OUR GUESTS
We understand that in our globally connected world, travel plays an important part in our lives and that the current situation has most likely affected your travel decisions. But, normality will return, and on this there can be no doubt.
Meanwhile, Evelyn’s House family will remain vigilant in its practices and hygiene, following directives issued by our local authorities. The health, safety and well-being of our guests and staff is paramount.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, some typical and special/extra guidelines we follow when cleaning the spaces of the house between reservations are presented:
• Welcoming and cleaning staff use a 3D printing protective mask, gloves and a disposable waterproof robe.
• Air conditioning units, fabric (eg furniture upholstery, curtains, windows, etc) and hard surfaces are cleaned with a steam appliance. So, a steam cleaner is used to ensure maximum cleanliness and hygiene removing up the enveloped viruses, such as the coronavirus or influenza, and the common household bacteria from hard surfaces, such windows, etc.
• The outdoor hot tube is emptied and cleaned between rentals or every week (in case of long duration booking).
• Touch-free dispensers for hand sanitizer at the house main entrance and the garage.
• Good cleaning of the surfaces, which the guests often touch, such as knobs, toilet surfaces, etc.
Our thoughts are with everyone affected around the world by this unprecedented event, COVID-19.
My team joins me in saying please stay safe and take care of your families, and we will be counting the days until we welcome you all back again.
ABOUT EVELYN'S HOUSE
Evelyn's House is a self catering apartment, which has been rated with 3 keys (approx 4 stars) by the Greek National Tourism Organization taking into account the facilities, location, standards and services. Available all year-round, whether for business or holiday, the guest can enjoy a superb and relaxing location at Evelyn's House just a short walk from the Kum Kapi beach, with several bars and seaside restaurants.
Our two-level maisonette provides luxurious and comfortable accommodation for families, couples travelling together and businessmen.
Guests are within a 15-minute walk away from Chania City Centre and the Venetian Harbour, where the visitor can find a wide variety of restaurants, chic bars, boutiques and revel in a town which wears the mantle of Cretan tradition and yet, offers an array of modern conveniences which keep visitors returning year after year.
Free private indoor parking is available on site which links directly to the main house. A remote control system is available.
On the first floor, there is a dining area and a spacious living room with plenty of windows which flood the area with light. The luminous and airy living room is equipped with all the necessary amenities and comforts, such as a flat-screen satellite smart TV, and assures moments of total relaxation. The room has the potential to sleep other guests as there is a comfy sofa bed available. Winter days, guests can relax in the elegantly decorated living room by the fireplace with coffee or a glass of wine. This self-catering accommodation, also, features a full-kitchen including a fridge, an electric ceramic hotplates cuisine, an oven, a dishwasher, a microwave oven, a toaster, a sandwich maker, French-press coffee maker, a kettle, a Nespresso coffee machine, tea-and-coffee amenities and all utensils necessary for dining in. The kitchen leads into a living room with a dining table and chairs for 8 people.
Moreover, on this floor next to the main house there is an independent fully-equipped guest room available with private facilities and amenities that guarantee a sense of autonomy and comfort (en suite bathroom, mini fridge, electric cuisine, etc).
Three modern, bright and air-conditioned bedrooms are recently fully-renovated to the highest standards and each is fitted with anatomic, anti-allergic latex mattresses and pillows, boasting en suite bathrooms in each one of them. The bathrooms are stocked with bathrobes, slippers, hair-dryers, towels and several luxury amenities. Specially, the master room is equipped with a hydro-massage column. All bedrooms have a balcony with mountain view and include flat-screen satellite TVs and free wireless internet access.
A separate area with a washing machine and dryer is available.
Evelyn's House private terrace enjoys an unobstructed view to the Chania bay, Sabionarra Rampart and the imposing White Mountains. The luxury maisonette features a rooftop indoor heated spa bathtub (Jacuzzi) for up to 5 persons with massage options. The stylish rooftop is the perfect spot for the visitor to enjoy the sunset over the Mediterranean Sea, the panoramic mountain and city views.
Guests can enjoy the best of indoor-outdoor living with folding glass walls. The folding glass wall system not only allows the jacuzzi space to give in all seasons a unique perception of roof top, but creates a new experience for our guests when the panels are wide open. In summer and the warm days, this operable glass wall system opens up the jacuzzi area to the outside beauty affording patrons the experience of its surroundings promoting views overlooking the bay of Chania. In winter and cold days, the closed jacuzzi area maintains the feeling of wide-open space that only a glass wall can provide, blurring the line between interior and exterior and creating a unique and memorable guest experience. The top-hung panels close to provide all the comfort and protection of fixed solid wall.
The furnished terrace on top offers sun loungers, sofas and other casual seating under an elegantly designed metal pergola suiting the surrounding environment. The pergola creates a shaded area saving you from sun heat.
Interaction with Guests ...
We will be at hand to meet and settle you into the house. Any kind of help at a 24h basis will definitely be offered to guests by me and my family, who live nearby Evelyn's House. So please feel comfortable and relaxed because we are here to work for you and try to make your stay memorable. As we live in Chania we will happily share our knowledge and experience with our guests
Other Things to Note ...
• All season
• Heating free of charge
• Welcome basket with seasonal fruits and a bottle of Cretan wine are offered
• Info file: city guide & map, tourist information
• Wireless high speed free internet
• Air conditioning system in all the house's inner spaces (bedrooms, living area & kitchen)
• A comfortable living area on the top terrace
• Comfortable sun-beds on the top terrace
• Colorful towels for Jacuzzi
• Individual shampoo and bath bottles, and individual bars of soap
• Automatic electric fobs
• Safes in the master room and the guest room
• Washing machine with dryer
• Electric iron & iron board
• An extra WC next to the main entrance of the house
• Housekeeping service every 3 days. Daily housekeeping and extra services upon request with extra charge
• Ecological detergents
• Baby facilities (baby crib, baby highchair, baby safety car seat, baby bath, baby bathrobe, baby pillow and bed linens)
• Babysitting upon request with extra charge
• Beauty services upon request with extra charge
House rules ...
1. We expect our guests to refrain from smoking in the house. Smoking is permitted on the terrace and the balconies.
2. No parties are allowed.
3. Have fun in jacuzzi, but please obey the jacuzzi rules:
- shower before entering jacuzzi
- no suntan lotion
- no pets
- do not leave children unsupervised
4. The fireplace can be used only in the winter months (December, January and February).
Please, respect safety options and rules that enable you to enjoy the warmth of the fire, while protecting your family/friends and property from the devastation that a home fire can cause.
- do not burn plastic or use flammable fuels in the fireplace
- keep fireplace hearth and area clear of combustibles – including pillows, rugs and furniture
- create a 3-foot Kid-Free-Zone around fireplaces