History buffs will enjoy exploring Chania, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafés and museums. Top sights in the city include Venetian Port and Chania Lighthouse.
- There are 654 hotels and other accommodations in Chania
- The closest major airport is in Chania (CHQ-Ioannis Daskalogiannis), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chania
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Chania Archaeological Museum, Khania Archaeological Museum, and Folklore Museum of Chania. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Chania Lighthouse, Mosque of the Janissaries, and Franciscan Monastery of Aghios Fragkiskos. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Koum Kapi Beach, Nea Chora Beach, and Golden Beach.
In Chania, there are 654 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Skamagkas M. Apartments - Amenities at this 3-star apartment include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Querini Luxury Suites - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean rooms at this guesthouse. Located in Chania Town, this 3-star guesthouse accommodation features free WiFi and pillowtop beds.
- Hanim Lounge & Studios - This 3-star aparthotel in Chania Town features free WiFi, a bar, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers love its breakfast and beach locale.
Other top sights in Chania include Venetian Port.
Dressing for Chania
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 49°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chania is 0.83 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 47°F