Visitors can enjoy all that Chengde has to offer including the mountain views, temples, and ski areas. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture. Top sights in the city include Bishu Shanzhuang and Pule Temple. In Chengde, there are 45 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Chengde
Notable city landmarks like Bishu Shanzhuang and Pule Temple might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Putuo Zongcheng Temple, Sledgehammer Rock, and Wulingshan Forest Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chengde Mountain Resort and Xishan Park.
As you plan your visit to Chengde, you may not be able to book an accommodation in the city center, but there are 38 hotels and other lodging options in the region. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Chengde Hotel - Chengde is 34 mi (54.7 km) from the center of Chengde. This 4-star hotel in Chengde features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar.
- Chengde Imperial Mountain Resort is located 33.4 mi (53.7 km) from the heart of Chengde. This 4-star hotel in Chengde features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a conference center.
- Shengyi Business Hotel is 34.4 mi (55.4 km) from central Chengde. This 4-star hotel in Chengde features a restaurant, free parking, and a nightclub.
Dressing for Chengde
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 5°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 8°F
- About 19.96 inches of rain falls on Chengde each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 9°F