Visiting Cockburn Town
Visitors to Cockburn Town are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and safari tours. Top sights in the city include Grand Turk Beach and Grand Turk Lighthouse.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Cockburn Town
- The closest major airport is in Grand Turk (GDT-JAGS McCartney Intl.), 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salt Cay (SLX), 10.6 mi (17 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cockburn Town
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Grand Turk Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Grand Turk Lighthouse and Turks & Caicos National Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Cockburn Town. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Osprey Beach Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony.
- The Salt Raker Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this inn. With a stay at this 2.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Bohio Dive Resort - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Gibbs Cay, located 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Cockburn Town
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 68°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 91°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- Cockburn Town gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 68°F