Find Hotels in Coimbra
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Feb 17, 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Coimbra, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe and riverfront. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its cathedral and local tours. Top sights in the city include Santa Cruz Church, Old Cathedral of Coimbra, and Portugal dos Pequenitos. In Coimbra, there are 55 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Coimbra
Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Santa Cruz Church, Old Cathedral of Coimbra, and New Cathedral of Coimbra. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Coimbra University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Portugal dos Pequenitos and Jardim da Manga.
In Coimbra, you'll find 55 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Guest House Santa Clara - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free WiFi and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Solar Antigo Luxury Coimbra - Our customers like the helpful staff and bathrooms at this apartment. Located in Coimbra City Centre, this 3-star apartment features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV.
- Sapientia Boutique Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Coimbra City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its local sightseeing and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Coimbra
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Coimbra Station. Coimbra might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Coimbra
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- About 50.00 inches of rain falls on Coimbra each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Coimbra?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Coimbra, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Coimbra?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Coimbra?
What's the best place to stay when traveling with kids to Coimbra?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Coimbra?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Coimbra?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Portugal dos Pequenitos?
What about the best place to stay near Mosteiro de Santa Clara-a-Nova?
What's the best luxury hotel in Coimbra?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Coimbra?
Recent reviews of Coimbra hotels
More trip options
- Coimbra Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Coimbra Airports
- Hotels in Coimbra Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Coimbra Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Coimbra
- More Hotel Options in Coimbra
- More Popular Hotels in Coimbra District
- Other Hotels near Coimbra, Coimbra District
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends