Visiting Jefferson City
Visitors to Jefferson City are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, architecture, and monuments.
- You'll find 99 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Columbia
- The closest major airport is in Columbia, MO (COU-Columbia Regional), 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Versailles, MO (VRS-Roy Otten Memorial Airfield), 39.3 mi (63.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jefferson City
Cultural venues in the city include Cole County Historical Society, Missouri State Penitentiary Museum, and Museum of Missouri Military History. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Missouri Governor´s Mansion and Supreme Court of Missouri.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Jefferson City. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Capital Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Jefferson City - Our customers like the WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Capital Mall - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Jefferson City
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Jefferson City Station. Jefferson City may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Jefferson City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 21°F at night
- About 43.11 inches of rain falls on Jefferson City each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 23°F