Visiting Del Rio
Visitors to Del Rio are sure to enjoy the restaurants, bars, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, cafés, and live music.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Del Rio
- The closest major airport is in Del Rio, TX (DRT-Del Rio Intl.), 30 mi (48.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Del Rio
The city's natural beauty is on display at Amistad National Recreation Area, San Felipe Springs, and Amistad Reservoir. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Laughlin Air Force Base and Val Verde Winery.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Del Rio. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Del Rio - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Whispering Palms Inn - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Motel 6 Del Rio - This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Getting Around Del Rio
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Del Rio Station. Del Rio might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Del Rio
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 96°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 98°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Del Rio gets about 19.52 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 96°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 41°F