Visitors can enjoy all that Douala has to offer including the water parks, waterfront, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and museums. A top sight in the city is Port of Douala.
- There are 86 hotels and other accommodations in Douala
- The closest major airport is in Douala (DLA-Douala Intl.), 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Douala
Notable city landmarks like La Nouvelle Liberte and Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port of Douala and Eko Market.
In Douala, there are 86 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Résidence La Falaise - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis Douala - Our customers like the pool and WiFi at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Akwa Palace - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Dressing for Douala
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 86°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 71°F at night
- Douala gets about 163.35 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are July and October with an average of 71°F