Visiting El Segundo
Families will find kid-friendly activities in El Segundo, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, beaches, and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights around the area include Venice Beach, Sony Pictures Studios, and Santa Monica Pier.
- You'll find 2636 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), 3.9 mi (6.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in El Segundo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Cabrillo Beach and Dockweiler State Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lakes at El Segundo and Old Town Music Hall.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in El Segundo. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites LAX El Segundo - This 2.5-star hotel in LAX Area features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Cambria Hotel LAX - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in LAX Area features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center.
- Hilton Garden Inn LAX El Segundo - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in LAX Area can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Venice Beach, located 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Sony Pictures Studios, which is 7.2 mi/11.6 km away.
Dressing for El Segundo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- El Segundo gets about 12.09 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 49°F