Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Ferney-Voltaire, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tucked away and rural, this city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Palexpo, United Nations European Headquarters, and Ariana Ceramics and Glass Museum.
- You'll find 203 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Geneva
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ferney-Voltaire
A couple of favorite places to visit are Ferney-Voltaire Market and Chateau de Voltaire. In the area, you'll also find Palexpo and United Nations European Headquarters.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Ferney-Voltaire. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence La Reserve - With a stay at this 4-star residence, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia travelers love its breakfast and quiet rooms.
- Novotel Geneve Aeroport - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Odalys City Ferney Genève - With a stay at this 4-star residence, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Popular places to see in the area include Ariana Ceramics and Glass Museum, 2.4 mi/3.9 km from the city center, and Jet d'Eau Fountain, which is 4.1 mi (6.6 km) away.
Dressing for Ferney-Voltaire
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ferney-Voltaire is 33.70 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 30°F