Visiting Fort Oglethorpe
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Fort Oglethorpe, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, shopping, and theme park.
- You'll find 73 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dalton
- The closest major airport is in Chattanooga, TN (CHA-Chattanooga Metropolitan), 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Oglethorpe
A favorite place to visit in the city is Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park. Additionally, you'll find Lake Winnepesaukah and John Ross House in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
Dressing for Fort Oglethorpe
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Fort Oglethorpe is 52.44 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F