Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dalton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and shopping. A top sight in the city is Chattahoochee National Forest.
- There are 116 hotels and other accommodations in Dalton
- The closest major airport is in Chattanooga, TN (CHA-Chattanooga Metropolitan), 22.4 mi (36 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dalton
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Clisby Austin House. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Chief Vann House Historic Site, Prater's Mill, and Cherokee Indian Memorial. The city's natural beauty is on display at Chattahoochee National Forest, Carters Lake, and Fort Mountain.
In Dalton, there are 116 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chattanooga South/Ringgold, GA - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Calhoun South - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Ruby Falls, located 27.1 mi (43.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Tennessee Aquarium, which is 27.6 mi/44.4 km away.
Dressing for Dalton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Dalton gets about 55.35 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 32°F