Visiting Fort Stockton
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Fort Stockton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its parks. A top sight in the city is McDonald Observatory.
- There are 113 hotels and other accommodations in Fort Stockton
- The closest major airport is in Marfa, TX (MRF), 43.3 mi (69.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Stockton
Cultural venues in the city include McDonald Observatory, Fort Stockton Visitor Center, and Museum of the Big Bend. Favorite family attractions include Murphy St. Raspa Co. and Maxey Park Zoo. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Davis National Historic Site, Historic Fort Stockton, and Fort D. A. Russell.
In Fort Stockton, you'll find 113 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Swiss Chalet Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hotel Saint George - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Candlewood Suites Monahans - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Getting Around Fort Stockton
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Alpine Station. Fort Stockton might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Fort Stockton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- About 17.00 inches of rain falls on Fort Stockton each year
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F